Monday, October 14, 2013

Red Rock State Park and Sedona

Took a drive to Sedona today and saw Red Rock State Park along the way so I stopped in. I bought a yearly pass so I could check out the state parks here. Red Rock is a 286 acre nature preserve and has lots of trails throughout. There is a neat riparian habitat along Oak Creek. There was a Naturalist led hike starting just as I got there so I joined it. Very interesting and informative. Here are a couple of pictures I took along the way.




I was going to go on a different trail afterwards and get more pictures but there were so many people on the trails that I just left. Maybe I will go some other day and go on one of the longer trails where ther may be fewer people. 

I drove through Sedona next. Way too fancy for my pocketbook. I bought some gas there and some groceries at a Natural Grocers Store. Wasn't interested in going through the many shops.  Beautiful scenery though. I needed to get the groceries I bought out of the hot car so I headed home and had a nice green salad for a late lunch. 

Yesterday I cleaned the front of my RV. Almost have it all shined up again. Just a small part of the sunny side left. I wait till the sun goes down each evening and do a small section before it gets dark. Here is what the front looks like. 


My van is shiny and the sun is warm.

Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until you get here. My truck is so dirty...

    ReplyDelete