Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Solar install

I have been sitting on the Oregon coast for the last couple months enjoying the ocean and not updating my blog.

Spent some time driving the back roads,


and walking on the beach,


hiking on trails,

and dog sitting my son's dog.


Max is a wonderful dog.  Very well behaved and it was a pleasure having him in my life for 2 weeks.  He was a perfect gentleman on our many walks, adjusting his stride to mine and not dragging me around which I greatly appreciated.  I greatly appreciate the training my son and his wife have done to make him the great dog he is.

      Solar install!


Yesterday I left the beach and headed to Eugene, OR to have my solar installed at AM Solar .  They have a wonderful reputation for doing a great job putting solar on RVs.  This morning I pulled up at their facility and they talked me through what I wanted and what they could do.  After giving me an estimate for my install, they started putting it together.


Two of my four 100 watt panels are on in this picture.  The other two are going behind that neat blue lift thing.  I am also getting 2 AGM Lifeline GPL-6CT batteries with a total of 300AH.  Should give me plenty of power.  I will have the Blue Sky IPN PRO remote meter  to monitor the system.  The charge controller is a Solar Boost 2512iX-HV MPPT.  Can't wait to check it all out.  Now I just need to find some sun!

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment