Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Solar up and running

My solar installation was finished this afternoon.  During the walk through at about 3:30 PM on a grey and raining afternoon I was getting 2.7 amps from the panels.  According to the installer this means all four panels were working very well.  Hopefully tomorrow there will be some sunshine.

This is all I can see of the solar inside the RV.


 This is the remote that shows everything that is happening with system.  The charge controller is in the cabinet behind the remote in a "hidden" compartment behind a fake wall Born Free put in to hide some wiring.  So I didn't lose any cabinet space at all.

I also had AM Solar install a 12V outlet with a heavy wire directly under the cabinet with the controller in.






Here is how it all fits together.


I didn't take a picture of the batteries today so I went out in the dark and snapped a few.  They didn't turn out so good but here is one of them.  Tomorrow I will try to get some better pictures.


The thing on the left with the yellow on is a battery cut off switch.  It all looks nice and neat.

In a day or two I will head for Arizona where it will be warmer and drier.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment