Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Cabin pictures and thermal cooking

Here are the pictures of the cabin I am staying in this week. 





I am getting spoiled living in this luxury!  At the same time I am looking forward to getting back in my RV on Friday because I miss it. It is always good to get back home. 

I ordered a Nissan Thermal Cooker and it came today so I had to cook my dinner for today in it to see how well it works. Here it is cooking my dinner.


No electricity needed. I put what I normally put in my crock pot in the inner pot and put it on the range to bring it to a boil. After it boiled for a couple of minutes, I put the inner pot into the outer thermos and will let it set for 3 or 4 hours.  At that point it should be ready to eat. So I only need energy to get it to the boiling point and then I put it in the thermos to continue the cooking. If it works, I will not need to have my crock pot using electricity for 3 to 4 hours. This type of cooking has been used in Japan for quite a while so I know it works, I just need to figure out the optimal procedure for what I usually cook. Tonight's dinner is barley, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green beans, celery and a few spices. 

I will try to remember to take photos of the final result and post them later tonight. 

Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment