Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Moving


May 15, 2016  Sunday

Left Pueblo Park CG early this morning. Hoped to find a grocery store in Reserve, but there wasn't much there and the most likely place was closed since it is Sunday. Continued on Hwy 12 to Apache Creek CG. It wasn't bad but I needed water so I headed up Hwy 32 to the Quemado Lake area where there are a couple of CG with water available. Ended up at PiƱon CG which seems to be on the rim of a cauldron. It is high on a ridge at 7800' and cool with strong winds. I like it cool. I picked a site that should be in the sun most of the day. No one else is here on this side of the CG. 



There is drinking water available and a dump station. The toilets here are composting toilets by Clivus and they even have a small solar panel on the roof. 

There is a trail here that goes down the hill to the lake where there is another CG. This makes a good hike back up the hill. There was a tree that had fallen on the trail so I came back with my trusty saw and cleared it off to the side. 


While here I finished knitting the striped blanket. 


Life is good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment