Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Clean RV

I have not had my laptop up and running for a while. Had enough of computers for a while I guess. Saturday I washed my RV and Honda. The RV had lots of grey streaks from the freeway which is just a little ways away and lots of yellow dust on both vehicles from pollen. The RV looks like new again and I washed out all the outside compartments and even in the back of the refridgerator unit. The batteries checked out good and tires are all aired up. Propane is still at half full and I will probably get it filled before I leave here and that should last all summer and then some.

Hooked everything up and went for another test run on Sunday. I think I am getting the hang of hooking up the car so it goes pretty smooth. I have some handling problems I am trying to pin down so I took the RV towing the Honda out on a road that was recently paved to check it out. After I came back from that, I dropped the car off at my site and took the RV to a weigh station to check the load I am carrying. I am 1000 lbs less than the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating so that should not be a problem. I think I am going to lower the weight a little more though. Still have stuff I don't think I really need in here. I will be working on that the rest of the week.

Today I sat at a RV repair place and had the auxiliary brake components installed in the RV and had a trickle charger installed to charge the Honda's battery from my house battery while I am towing. I have heard lots of people complaining about the Honda's battery dieing while they were towing. I really don't want to deal with that so thought I would get this set up before I leave.

Tomorrow I will be going back there to have a Steer Safe unit installed and blocks put in to raise the rear of the RV a bit. Hopefully these will fix the handling problem.

Here is a picture of my dinner Saturday night. I thought it looked pretty so I took a picture of it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment