Monday, May 11, 2009

Test run

Friday I made arrangements to stop by an RV repair place near here. I need the auxilary brake pieces installed in my RV and I wanted to get a trickle charge set up to charge my Honda battery while it is being towed. So I had to get busy and get ready to pull out Saturday morning at 10 AM. I thought I would make it a test run so I loaded my kayak and bike on the Honda and put everything away where I think I will want it when I hit the road.

I had everything done and was ready to go an hour early so I had plenty of time to recheck everything. Had no problem hooking up the Honda and it didn't come off so I guess I did good. Towing my Honda is still a little scary. I have only towed a couple of times since I moved into my RV in 2005 and the last time was about 3 years ago so I was not sure I remembered how. I had reviewed the pictures I had taken of the hook up when I first got it and did a test hookup a few weeks back to make sure the lights worked and to check the angle of the tow bar. The hitch on this motorhome is lower than my 2004 so I had to get an extension that raised it up a bit and I wanted to make sure it was level. Everything worked good so I guess that part is ready to go.

I have an appointment for after I retire to get the work done so I will be hooking up again in a couple of weeks. I plan to leave my kayak up on top of the Honda so that will be ready to go. I only need to drive in to work 6 more times!

I have to work the last two weekends before I retire. Sure will be nice to be able to do things when the weather is good instead of waiting for the rare weekend when I don't have to work and the weather is reasonable. Except now, I will be doing stuff during the week and stay home on the weekends and do stuff around the RV. That way I will hopefully miss the crowds a bit.

Not many working days left!

Hope everyone had a wonderfull Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment