Thursday, June 4, 2009

On the road!

I finally got the Steer Safe installed and started on my trip. The RV handled just fine pulling up mountains and going down the other side. Here is a picture of where I am camped tonight.



Now I get to start my exploration of the areas around where I camp. When I left town, a severe thunder storm warning was being announced on the radio with possible large hail. It seemed to be coming up on the east side and I was slipping out the west side so I missed it. :-) The weather during my trip was fine but when I arrived at my campsite, there were really strong winds. The grocery clerk was saying the power was flickering and there were tornado warnings. The high winds only lasted a couple of hours and then everything settled down. Just had a rain shower go through but no more wind. It is a lot cooler here than in town. Feels good for a change.

It feels weird when I think about the fact that I have everything with me and I do not need to go back after a few days. I will be able to just keep going on and on. I always hated turning around and going back whether it was on a trail or a road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment