Sunday, January 6, 2013

Moved

Today I changed sites at the park I am at.  It has been raining almost daily here and getting quite muddy at my site so I decided to move into an area that drains better and has more gravel.  I picked out the new site and let them know at the office and it was a done deal. 

The new site is not a full hookup site but I am only going to be here for a few more days and I just need to dump once yet before I leave so that is not an issue.  Since I am in the non full hookup site area, there is no one around and it is totally quiet.  The deer are not hanging around here either since there is nobody here to feed them usually.

Talked to a gentleman who was getting ready to pull out today and he told me the Colorado River Thousand Trails Preserve was open all year not just open weekends like the online schedule said.  As soon as I was settled into my new site I got online and changed my reservations to go to Colorado River when I leave here Wednesday.  This will work out better because I will not need to camp outside the Thousand Trails system and pay for camping as much this winter.  So far I have spent $20 in camp fees since October 24th when I arrived at my first Texas TT preserve.  Not bad.  I paid the $20 because I didn't want to drive almost 300 miles in one day from Lake Whitney to Medina Lake.  I like to keep my travels to under 200 miles in a day if I can.

Hope this new year is treating you good.

No comments:

Post a Comment