Monday, June 24, 2013

Moving and road trip

I left Sturgis today and moved a little further down the road. After I settled in to my new place, I took off for a road trip in my Honda.  I went on some gravel roads in the Black Hills National Forest through some very beautiful scenery. Unfortunately, I did not stop to take any pictures since it was usually a one lane road with no way to get off.  Everything is green here now and the contrast with the red soil and the pine trees makes for a picturesque scene everywhere I look.  Went through a herd of cattle (very carefully) as they were walking all over the road. 

I ended up on highway 85 going north and turned on highway 14A through the Spearfish Canyon Scenic Byway.  Gorgeous area!  The road followed along a river with steep canyon walls on both sides.


A picture of the river.  Not very big but traveling at a good rate. 

Ended up being a 3 hour drive so I didn't get home until about 5:30. Sat outside and read for a little bit until the storms came in.


A picture of the clouds before the rains came. These clouds didn't actually rain on us but the ones that came after did.

Overall, a wonderful day. Tomorrow I hope to hike around Devil's Tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment