Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stormy days and Sturgis

The last couple of days in Box Elder, SD saw several storms come through.  On the last full day I woke up to cloudy skies and thought I could get some waxing done on my Born Free.  I had just started in on the front when the sun came out with a vengeance.  I was able to get some sections done but it was just too hot so I quit and sat in my chair to read for a while.  I also spent time visiting with the Escapees Solo group.  They were here early for their mini rally which starts on Sunday.  It was a nice group of people and I am considering joining them at some point.  

I headed for Sturgis, SD to stay the night since my site in Box Elder was needed for the last of the Escapees Solos coming in today.  Lots of motorcycle riders here even though it is nowhere near the time for their rally in August.  I only drove a short distance today and spent the afternoon doing my laundry and walking around Sturgis a bit.  Not much to see in this part of town so no pictures.

I will be moving on down the road tomorrow getting ever closer to the Escapees Rally in Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment