Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Rain, rain and more rain

It has been raining almost constantly for about three days.  Yesterday it started clearing up for the first time in a long time.


Sure is nice to see some blue sky again. I have been spoiled since I came to Arizona since this is the first time there has been any amount of rain. 

My afternoon walks were done in the rain and I felt like I was back in Oregon again. In Oregon, I would have to wait until July to see the end of the rain whereas here the weather should clear up this week. 

Not much else happening here, I have been doing inside cleanup and rearranging things. I have been involved in a spirited email thread going with my family about the weather. The Wisconsin group bragging about their ability to withstand bitter cold and calling the southwest group wimps while the southwest group claims superior intelligence for moving where the weather is better.  All in fun of course. 

I can well remember the snowstorm we had in Oregon in the winter of 2008-2009 when my poor Born Free was covered in snow for almost a week. Fortunately I was able to keep nice and warm inside.

Here is a picture of that. 


I hope I won't have to live in my RV in that kind of winter again.  This was when I was still working and couldn't follow warmer weather. Usually it just rained all winter. 

Just checked the weather.  Today the high was listed as 41, tomorrow it should be 63. Nice!

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment