Friday, November 29, 2013

Second boondocking site

I have moved from the Thousand Trails Campground to BLM land close by.  Ground is kind of soft from the rain we had earlier but not bad. Here is what my site looks like. 



I had my awning up for a while in the early afternoon because the sun was hot and I wanted to shade my refrigerator.  

The solar panels will have a rough time charging the batteries I think. The sun is low on the horizon and goes behind some hills around 4:30 or so. I am only going to be here for a couple of days so I shouldn't have any problem. I could tilt the panels, but I don't think it is worth the effort of getting on the roof. I just won't be running my crock pot this time. I cooked up a pot yesterday and I have a couple of meals left from that and lots of soup so I'm good. 

Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment