Saturday, May 3, 2014

My home for the summer

I arrived today at the campsite that I leased for the summer. It's awesome. I had picked it out last fall when I came through the area on my way to Arizona. I thought I might like to lease a site this summer to use as a base for exploring eastern Oregon. I can leave the motor home on the site while I take the car on day trips and longer camping trips. I have never spent much time on this side of the mountains and there is so much to see and do that I am sure I will not be able to go everywhere I want to. 

Here are pictures of the site:



Lots of room for a tent.


My site is down this dead end road with only one other site on my side of the road and 3 or 4 on the other side. 


It was nice settling in here after 4 long days of driving. Tomorrow I will spend getting the bugs off the Born Free then I will start exploring. 

I took this picture from highway 95 today. The snow covered hills looked closer than in this picture. 


Life is good. 

1 comment:

  1. Send me your lat / lon and I'll put you on Google Earth.

    Looks like a really nice spot!

    ReplyDelete