Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Windy in Winnemucca

Had a good day driving up 95, 376, a short winding stretch on 50 and then 305 up to 80. It was a nice drive until I was on 80 when the wind was coming at me from the side. The van handled it good but I had to be on my toes all the time. Glad it was only for 50 miles. 

The short stretch on 50 was very pretty. It goes through the Toiyabe Range at that point and I went over Bob Scott's Summit at 7195' and Austin Summit at 7484'. There was a sign before the town of Austin saying "Anything that happens in Austin, you brag about".

The van did great on the passes. It has a manual position where I can shift with a + and - button through 5 positions and on the 6 and 7% downgrades with it in position 2, I barely needed to use the brakes. I like it much better than the tow/haul button I have on the 2008 Born Free, which is good but all automatic and sometimes not quite what I needed. 

One more day of driving , then I will sit for a few days in one place. 

The solar system that Ken designed for the van is working flawlessly. It keeps my refrigerator and freezer working all day, charges my phone and iPad every night, runs my Jetpack so I can go online and keeps my Fantastic fan running whenever I need it.  All without hardly noticing it. 

Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment