Friday, April 24, 2015

A ride on the Discovery Trail

The Discovery Trail is a beautiful trail along the ocean, all paved, with interesting signs along the way about the Lewis and Clark Expedition.  I lucked out with a sunny day for a trike ride. 

Starting out at my campsite, I was able to get right on the trail after a short push along a sandy trail. 


A map of the trail conveniently located at trailheads. This one is at the North end of the trail. The yellow at the top is the "You are here" indicator. 


I started south of Seaview and went south to Beard's Hollow shown here at the yellow print. From here the trail went up a steep gravel trail and I was not able to get enough traction with my single rear wheel plus my "engine" was having trouble too!  I found out later from Don that I could go up through the parking lot and cross the highway to catch a paved trail to the North Head Lighthouse. For now, I turned around and went to the north end of the trail. 



Along the way, I took lots of pictures. Here are a few of them. 

At this sculpture, which is concrete, I met a fellow trikker named Don who gave me lots of local info about trails in the area. 


There he goes. 


More sculptures along the way. 




Altogether a great ride on a gorgeous day for a total of 16.4 miles. 

Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment