Monday, April 13, 2015

Ft Stevens and a county park

While camped at the coast, I rode the trails at Ft. Stevens State Park. The weather was much better than when I rode the Banks-Vernonia Trail. I spent the entire day at Ft. Stevens basking in the sunshine. 



The next day I went to Cullaby County Park where I hiked the trails and rode my trike on the trail and the road that was still closed off for the season. There was a $3 fee to park for the day but it was worth it to be able to park by the lake in the sunshine and have access to the trails. 

One of the perks of driving the van everywhere is I have my home with me all the time. I can make my meals when I want them and I have everything with me to do whatever I want. When I find a nice place to park, I can stay all day and be totally comfortable. 

Leaving the coast, I headed to Portland to visit with my son and his wife for a few days and had a great time. 

Next I headed to the Chehalis, WA area to camp for a week. The park I am at is doing a lot of renovations and has problems with their water so I am not sure I will stay the full week. I have plenty of water and I can always buy bottled water if I need to. They may turn off the electricity, which could cause a little bit of a hassle. Cooking can be done on the propane stove, but I have no way to heat the van without shore power. Sounds like the electricity would only be off during the day so I could manage just fine if I don't want to move yet. There is a paved bike trail near here I want to ride before I leave. Fortunately, my solar can provide for most of my needs. 

Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment