Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Catching up

Since my last post I completed my trip to Tucson area, visiting my brother and his wife in Albuquerque on the way. I reunited with my Born Free on another brother's property near Tucson and settled in for a while.  On my last days there I watched a forest fire in the hills just east of where my Born Free is parked. 



I hadn't used my free week in a cabin with Thousand Trails yet this year so I made a reservation at the Palm Springs, CA location. So I set out in my van for a road trip to California and stayed the week in a nice cabin. 



After that, I went to Joshua Tree National Park and stayed in a campground there for 4 days while I explored the park. Took an almost 9 mile hike into Lost Palms Oasis. The palms are just above the sign between the big rocks. 



Leaving the park, I drove to the Salton Sea area. True to what I have heard, it was a stinky place so I left and came back north to the I10 area and settled into a nice, free campsite on BLM land where I have Internet access. I have plenty of food and water so I will probably stay here for a while. The days are sunny keeping my batteries topped up so my refrigerator and freezer are happy. It gets pretty windy in the late mornings but that just makes it interesting. Sunset last night was awesome. 



Life is good. 

1 comment:

  1. You need to get a compass so you know where you are at - That fire in the Santa Ritas was almost due south of us...

    ReplyDelete