Thursday, April 23, 2009

The tank is gone!

One more step has been taken towards hitting the road. The large propane tank I was renting from the park emptied out and stunk up my house. LOL I unhooked it and removed the extend-a-tank thingy from the motorhome. I will keep the extend-a-tank thing, even though it stinks, in case I need to sit somewhere for a long time and want to hook up to an external tank again. Rick, the manager here at the park is always so helpful when I am having problems getting my propane connections tightned. The nipple that goes into my propane tank needs to be tightened with a socket wrench into the regulator thing before screwing it into the tank. Don't you just love my technical terms? Well, I know what I mean and that is all that counts. If I need to reattach the extend-a-tank thing I will be able to look this up and remember how to attach it. :-) I am using very little propane now because I only run the furnace for a short time in the morning and that is all I use the propane for. When I am traveling I will use it to keep the refridgerator running. When I am hooked up to electricity as I am now, I use the electric heater and the electric setting on my hot water heater. I very seldom cook my food so I don't need it for that.

Took about a 3 mile walk tonight. Weather was good and I had lots of energy. It was a little windy and chilly but that was good for a brisk walk.

28 days 4 hours and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment