Monday, June 15, 2009

Back to Ft Stevens

Went back to Ft Stevens today for a bike ride. According to the map, I rode for around 10 miles. That is by far the longest I have ever ridden in one day. I bought the bike some time ago but while I was working and my days off were so limited, I usually ended up hiking or kayaking when the weather was good. So this was my first bike ride of any length for many, many years. I sure like the bike and got a lot of experience today with shifting for hills. The bike trails were not too hilly but there were some difficult ones like a couple of overpasses over roads. I was able to ride up every one of them though!

After the bike ride, I came back to the RV and relaxed for a while then took a walk around the campground before dinner. Altogether a very nice day.

The bike came from www.dynamicbicycles.com and has a shaft drive instead of a chain. Very easy maintenance and a nice ride. Shifting was smooth and I had a nice range available.

No comments:

Post a Comment