Friday, June 19, 2009

Rainy day

Yesterday I hiked a trail around Coffenbury Lake in Ft Stevens State Park. Part of the trail is shown below with the lake on the side.


Most of the trail was in excellent shape but small sections of it were very overgrown. These sections were in sunny areas and in the spring with the ample rain and some sun thing grow fast! Overall it was a good hike of about 3 miles.

I spent the rest of the time in the park sitting in my chair and reading. I was in a picnic area and had the company of several ground squirrels. They had their holes dug under the picnic tables and would keep watch by sitting or laying on top of the tables. When I first arrived, one was laying all stretched out on top of a nearby table. I wish I had been prepared and could have snapped off a picture. They would wander around looking for food but as soon as a dog showed up at a distance they would run back to their table and hole. One would get on top and keep an eye on things while the other would sit by the hole or go in.

The opposite reaction occured when they would hear paper crinkling when I opened a bar to eat. One guy would come up close to me expecting to get fed. Unfortunately, I resisted and told him my food was not the proper diet for him and he would need to find his own food. Persistent little guy though.

The next picture is of my bike. I didn't download my pictures from my camera when I posted my last entry so thought I would share it with you here.



Today is one of those days when it looks like it is going to rain all day. Considering that this is June and the first totally rainy day since I got here, it's not too bad. I have lots of indoor things to do that I have been putting off so I guess this is a good day to get some of them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment