Sunday, July 28, 2013

BLM camping and meeting RVSue

I decided not to stay at the campground near Bozeman more than one day.  The sites were really crammed in there.  I stepped out of my door and was about 1 foot from the sewer hookup of my neighbor!  So I looked around for campsites near there and remembered that RVSue was somewhere south of me.  I looked up where she was and decided to join her at the Red Mountain BLM Campground.  This was my first time camping without hookups (except for the Born Free rallys) and I was looking forward to how it would work out.  I just have 2 old batteries, no solar yet and no generator so I had to be careful with electrical usage.  It was only for 3 days though so I figured it would be a piece of cake!  It was.  The batteries were at 12.6 when I left.

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with RVSue and wished the time had not gone by so fast.  Before I knew it, it was time to hit the road again.  The campsite was beautiful and I loved hearing the river flowing by.  RVSue has had a lot of experience camping without hookups so I picked her brain for some tips and tricks.





No campers crammed up beside me!




RVSue's BLT behind mine.  We had the two best sites in the campground!





Here is my front yard.








We had a couple of small showers, otherwise, the weather was great.   There was usually a steady stream of people floating down the Madison river on tubes and many other kinds of floatable devices.  Looked like fun on a hot summer day.

I had no internet connection so I was unable to keep current with mail or the blog.  It felt weird not being able to jump on the iPad and check the weather whenever I felt like it, but I survived.

Today I got back on the road and continued my journey toward the great Pacific Northwest.  In my stop tonight I have internet and air conditioning!  Life is good.  I like a balance between out of the way places and modern conveniences.

2 comments:

  1. I came over from RVSue's blog. How neat that you were able to meet her. She seems like a fun gal.
    How hard is it to hook up your toad when you are ready to hit the road?
    Have fun.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, RVSue is a lot of fun. We spent a lot of time talking and laughing. Hooking up the car is not very hard at all. If you get a tow bar that is adjustable, it does not require precise positioning. I have the Roadmaster All Terrain Non Binding tow bar and it is simple to hook and unhook.

      Delete