Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hail and other miscellaneous things

I forgot to mention the hail storm while I was in Box Elder, SD.  The last week I was there we had severe thunderstorms every day it seemed. On the last Saturday there was hail mixed in. Some were the size of golf balls. Fortunately it didn't last long, unfortunately, I had some damage to my vehicles. There are a few small dimples on the hood of my Honda and the valve covers on the side of my RV for the air bags were destroyed. That was all the damage I could find anyway. I replaced the valve covers so that was easily fixed. I am just going to ignore the Honda damage. I don't think it is worth getting the insurance company involved and having my premiums increased. They are not that easy to see unless you are looking for them. 

The two days of traveling have been in hot weather. I usually hit the road around 8 AM and get off the road around 1 PM. That way the first few hours I have little traffic to contend with and I am not traveling in the hottest part of the day. I have been staying in RV parks so I have electricity for air conditioning. 

I am in the hills near Bozeman, MT tonight and it is cooling down fast this evening. I went into Bozeman this afternoon and found a wonderful co-op grocery store on Main Street.  They had beautiful organic fruits and vegetables.  I bought lots and had a gigantic salad for dinner.   It has been a while since I have had fresh, organic food to eat.  Although, in the last RV park I was in (Peter D's in Sheridan,WY) they gave me zucchini and carrots fresh from their garden and they made a nice meal last night. 

Haven't decided what I am going to do tomorrow, I may head into the hills with my Honda and explore a bit. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Dorothy! I'm here from RV Sue's blog. I love reading about women traveling...it's a dream of mine too...if I can get myself retired! Looking forward to reading more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on getting to your retirement Dawn. Those last few years go by so slow....

      Delete