Monday, July 29, 2013

Leaving Montana

I have left Montana behind.  It is a beautiful place and I would love to spend more time there.  Maybe next year.

Tonight I am back at a Thousand Trails Preserve.  I found a great site with hookups and 4G internet access with my Verizon Jetpack.  Life is good.  I have an RV across the road from me.  An older couple, no kids or dogs so it should be quiet here.  Otherwise, it is just woods around me.





This is the view from my door.  Just woods as far as I can see.




Another view of my front yard.





Looking toward the front.





Looking up the road.  No sites in sight!




Looking to the back.  There is an RV in the next site but I can barely see it.










My drivers side or hookup side is facing the road so my yard is not visible from the road giving me lots of privacy.  I may stay another week or two since this is such a great site and did I mention it's free?  If I stay 3 weeks I can keep my costs down as I will probably just stay here.  There are lots of trails for hiking and a lake in the preserve.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Dorothy! I found your blog through RVSue's site and have been enjoying reading about some of your travels. We retired early too, are vegetarians, and have always tried to live a 'small', sustainable lifestyle.

    We have a Casita like Sue, and travelled around the southern States for 5 months last winter. Our focus is birding so of course we hike a lot too.

    Being Canadian, I still want a home base up here although hubby could easily be a full-timer. We built our own tiny cottage in a field so we could grow some of our own veggies and berries. We also have solar projects which supply us with hot water, heat, and $$$.

    I do read blogs like yours though and get wanderlust again. Perhaps if Canada provided year-round travel, I would consider a few years of RV travel.

    Anyway, nice to 'meet' you! I'll be reading about your travels and adventures.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Hazel, sounds like you have an interesting life of your own.

      Delete
  2. Good info on the solar panels / system. As a soon to be full-timer I have been researching any information I can find on solar installations / needs for boon-docking which I plan to do early 2014 after my retirement. Thanks to you and other bloggers, I am confident I too can do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had my solar installed at AM Solar in Springfield, Oregon. Great place. They do a really good job.

      Delete