Friday, November 1, 2013

Solar report

It was really cold here last night so I had the furnace running a bit last night. I like to keep it at around 55 for good sleeping so the furnace didn't run too much.  This morning the batteries were at 85% and were already charging a bit even though the sun was hardly up.

By 10 AM the batteries were at 93%.  I had been online for a couple of hours with the Jetpack charging the whole time. I decided to start up my crock pot for the day. The batteries showed +6A before I started cooking. I started the built in 2000 Watt inverter and turned the crock pot to high, looked at the remote monitor and it dipped down a bit then right back to +6A again.  I checked the solar input and it had jumped up to 14A coming in. Cool!  The solar is handling the inverter, crock pot, and the Jetpack as well as still charging the batteries!

Now at 12:00, the batteries are at 100% and dinner smells really good. 

Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment