Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Petrified Forest


May 19, 2016  Thursday 

Left Lyman Lake early and drove to the Petrified Forest National Park. Visited the museum and hiked the Long Logs and Agate House Trail. I always wanted to see this park. I had read about it when I was younger and was fascinated. It did not disappoint. 







Left the park and took 180 to Holbrook. Found a laundry behind a McDonald's on Navaho north of I40. Getting my laundry done finally. 

After finishing the laundry, I got on I40 and headed west to Winslow where I headed south on Hwy 87 heading to the forests. Stopped in at the Mogollon Rim District Office for maps and info. Headed down FR95 to FR139 and found a nice meadow to camp in just past the Ubar trail sign. Settled in and took a walk before bedtime. 



Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment